CALL FOR APPLICATION: 2021 MOSES KOTANE INNOVATION AWARDS
The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) is an entity of the KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Provincial Government through the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA).
MKI is calling for entries for the 2021 Moses Kotane Institute Innovation Awards. The awards are aimed at recognising and celebrating South African individuals, organisations, and companies in KZN with highly innovative products and services that address specific social and/or economic challenges. Innovations may be submitted in any format e.g. audio, video, etc. accompanied by the PDF documents describing the innovation.
Eligibility and assessment criteria
- Entries are open to all South African individuals, organisations and companies in KZN with innovative products and/or services regardless of the stage of the initiative (i.e. new and well-established initiatives).
- The innovative products and/or services must demonstrate potential for growth and sustainability.
- The products and/or services should enhance inclusive growth in addressing socio-economic challenges in KZN.
- Evidence of contributing to KZN’s advancement of knowledge in the field of operation e.g. Manufacturing, Services, ICT, Maritime, agro-processing, Township & rural economy, and green economy, etc.
- The products and/or services should demonstrate evidence of positive socio-economic impact.
- Manufacturing, ICT, Maritime, Agriculture, Renewable Energy, Health, Education and, Tourism and Hospitality.
The winner in each category will receive price of R 40 000. Over and above that, they will get a chance to showcase their innovation during the awards ceremony.
Applications closing date- 30 September 2020
Winners announcement – February 2021
NB: Short listed candidate will be notified on 15 January 2021. MKI will cover the attendance costs to the award ceremony. Recipients should arrange their own travel and accommodation.
Interested applicants should email their applications to: [email protected]
Enquiries may be directed to Mr Thabani Mbonambi : Tel (031) 266 1777, Email: [email protected]
NB: The winners of the 2019 & 2020 Innovation Awards are not eligible to enter with the same initiative.