CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
EDTEA WEBSITE HACKATHON
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) is mandated to oversee the socio-economic transformation in the province. It therefore leads the policy and strategic initiatives directed at promoting development and growth in various sectors of the economy. However, to achieve its objectives, the Department has to co-operate with various stakeholders and social partners that include the private sector and civil society. EDTEA and MKI are calling for IT Specialists and SMMEs to take part in the EDTEA Website Hackathon from 1 April 2021 to 30 May 2021.
The Objectives and Scope of the Hackathon
The objective of this Hackathon is to ignite innovation and advance entrepreneurship in the youth of KZN. The hackathon scope includes the design, development, and implementation of a new EDTEA website. The website requires seamless on-boarding for KZN citizens and EDTEA stakeholders and to serve as an informative content website for all.
The eligibility criteria for the Hackathon
The Hackathon is open to participants who are interested in technology and innovation. Legibility is subject the following criteria:
Team of Individuals
- Applicants must be residents of KwaZulu-Natal (proof of residence required).
- Applicants must be persons who are between the ages of 18-35 years (capable of entering binding agreements);
- Certified copies of Identity documents (Certification no older than 6 months).
- Willing to disclose personal information as may be required.
- Not employees of EDTEA and MKI
- Not related to employees of EDTEA and MKI
- Willing to comply with the terms and conditions by EDTEA, having initialled each page and signed the last.
- Participant is entitled to enter the Hackathon as part of a team, provided that each team member individually agrees to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Each team must be given a name as chosen by its members. Team names must not be connected in any way with the names of companies or registered trademarks or use expressions that incite violence or are discriminatory, obscene, or represent any form of defamation. Failure to comply will result in disqualification
- If information provided during registration is found to be incomplete and/or inaccurate, even if related to just one team member, the entire team concerned will be excluded from the competition.
- Teams may not be changed once the competition has begun.
For Registered Companies (SMMES)
- Company Profile (must be an ICT business)
- CIPC confirmation (not older than 3 months)
- Certified copies of identity documents of company directors (certification not older than 3 months).
- Valid Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid BBBEE Certificate/Affidavit
- KZN based ICT company Awards:
An award of R 150 000 to the winner and R 50 000 for the runner up subject to the terms and conditions of the Hackathon. The winner will also get the opportunity to implement the website and be part of the Going Live Event.
Interested applicants should email their applications to: email@example.com by no later than 31 March 2021. Each applicant must include all the required documents, submit only in electronic format (i.e. PDF or any electronic media).
A compulsory briefing session will be on Microsoft Teams on the 30/03/2021 at 15h00.
To register, click here; http://bit.ly/3bZhg4A
Enquiries may be directed to Mr Thabani Mbonambi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who have not heard from MKI within 4 weeks from the closing date must consider their application as being unsuccessful. EDTEA and MKI reserve the right not to appoint.