CALL FOR APPLICATIONS KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCIAL IT SERVICE PROVIDER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) is an entity of the KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Provincial Government through the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA), with a mandate to conduct world class research into training, skills development, and provincial strategic economic sectors; to strategically lead on innovation and maritime coordination and implementation activities to respond to the needs of provincial economy. It also coordinates interaction between line functions or sector departments established or envisaged provincial government training institutions, tertiary institutions, and other external service providers.
MKI in partnership with Microsoft is calling for IT service providers to take part in the Microsoft Black Owned Partner Programme, an initiative that forms part of the greater Microsoft Enterprise and Supplier Development programme. It is a programme that is geared toward accelerating the journey of black SMMEs to Gold Partner Status.
The objective of the programme is to develop SMME’s that are going to be sustainable Microsoft business partners that are going to create employment opportunities and enter new markets.
The qualification criteria and /requirements for the program are:
- Company Profile (must be an ICT business)
- CIPC confirmation (not older than 3 months)
- Certified copies of identity documents of company directors (certification not older than 3 months)
- Valid Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid BBBEE Certificate/Affidavit
- KZN based ICT company
- Microsoft Partner Network ID
Furthermore, the following trainee technical competencies are required:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Before submitting the application, please register with the Microsoft Partner Network and attached the members number. This is a free Microsoft Registration that can be done online – https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/.
Interested applicants should email their applications to: [email protected] by the 30 May 2020. Each application must include the all required documents, submitted only in electronic format (i.e. PDF or Word format)
Enquiries may be directed to Ms Bongiwe Julayi: Email:[email protected]. The MKI reserve the right not to appoint.