Call for Applications
MKI DATA COLLECTION TOOL HACKATHON:
Closing Date: 14 September2021
MKI is calling for IT Specialists and SMMEs to take part in the MKI Data Collection Tool Hackathon that will be from 15 September to 30 September2021.
The Objectives and Scope of Hackathon:
The objective of this Hackathon is to ignite innovation and advance entrepreneurship in the youth of KZN. The hackathon scope includes the design, development, and implementation of a new MKI Data collection tool used for research projects. The Tool requires Streamlining of the data collection processes for improved data quality, reliability and faster data analysis. The tool is needed to automate our data capturing & have the ability to function offline and generate reports on data captured.
Eligibility criteria/requirements for the Hackathon
The Hackathon is open to participants who are interested in technology and innovation. Legibility is subject the following criteria:
Team of Individuals
- Applicants must be residents of KwaZulu-Natal (proof of residence required).
- Applicants must be persons who are between the ages of 18-35 years (capable of entering binding agreements);
- Certified copies of Identity documents (Certification no older than 6 months).
- Willing to disclose personal information as may be required.
- Not employees of MKI
- Not related to employees of MKI
- Willing to comply with the terms and conditions by MKI, having initialled each page and signed the last.
- Participant is entitled to enter the Hackathon as part of a team, provided that each team member individually agrees to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Each team must be given a name as chosen by its members. Team names must not be connected in any way with the names of companies or registered trademarks or use expressions that incite violence or are discriminatory, obscene, or represent any form of defamation. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- If information provided during registration is found to be incomplete and/or inaccurate, even if related to just one team member, the entire team concerned will be excluded from the competition.
- Teams may not be changed once the competition has begun.
For Registered Companies (SMMES)
- Company Profile (must be an ICT business).
- CIPC confirmation (not older than 3 months).
- Certified copies of identity documents of company directors (certification not older than 3 months).
- Valid Tax Clearance certificate.
- Valid BBBEE Certificate/Affidavit.
- KZN based ICT company.
An award of R 50 000 to the winner and R 15 000 for the runner up subject to the terms and conditions of the Hackathon. The winner will also get the opportunity to implement the research tool with MKI team.
Interested applicants should email their applications to: email@example.com by no later than 14 September 2021. Each applicant must include all the required documents, submit only in electronic format (i.e or any electronic media).
An online briefing session will be on Microsoft Teams on 13 September 2021. To register, click here: https://forms.office.com/r/RmQ3viJ3xm
Enquiries may be directed to Ms Sbongile Khumalo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who have not heard from MKI within 4 weeks from the closing date must consider their application as being unsuccessful. MKI reserve the right not to appoint.