Call For Entries: 2020 Moses Kotane Innovation Awards
Eligibility & Assessment Criteria
- Entries are open to all South African individuals, organisations and companies in KwaZulu-Natal with innovative products and/or services regardless of the stage of the initiative (i.e. new and well-established initiatives).
- The innovative products and/or services must demonstrate potential for growth and sustainability.
- The products and services should enhance inclusive growth in addressing particular socio-economic challenges in KZN.
- Evidence of contributing to KZN’s advancement of knowledge in the field of operation e.g. Manufacturing, Services, ICT, Maritime, agro-processing, Township & rural economy and green economy, etc.
- Evidence of positive socio-economic impact.
NB: The winners of the 2019 Innovation Awards are not eligible to enter with the same initiative.
Manufacturing, ICT, Maritime, Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Health
Applications closing date- 30 November 2019
Winners announcement – 20 March 2020
NB: Short listed candidate will be notified on the 17/01/2020. Moses Kotane Institute will cover the attendance costs to the Award Ceremony. Recipients to arrange their own travel and accommodation.
The judging panel will be made out of three (3) MKI Senior Managers, four (4) Industry specific experts and two (2) EDTEA Senior Managers.
The winner in each category will receive cash price of R 55 000. Over and above that, they will get a chance to showcase their innovation during the award ceremony.
Interested applicants should email their applications to: [email protected]
Enquiries may be directed to Ms Bongiwe Julayi: Tel (031) 266 1777, Email: [email protected]