CALL FOR RESEARCH FUND APPLICATIONS
CLOSING DATE: 11 March 2022
The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) provides the research and development, economics data and statistics services to the provincial government. The institute uses recommendations from the research towards policy development and service delivery interventions. Postgraduate students interested in researching for MKI and publishing on the MKI Journal can apply for assistance. In 2022, the research fund will support honours, masters and doctoral students conducting scientific, social and economic research in the following fields or areas of focus:
- Transport and logistics
- Optimizing KZN’s participation in AfCTA
- KZN Circular Economy
- Maritime economy/Harnessing KZN Coastal Comparative
- Localisation of manufacturing value chains (e.g., pharmaceuticals, clothing and textiles, mining, agroprocessing
- Renewable energy
- Township and rural economy
- Job creation
- Future Skills
- Future industries
- Any science, technology, engineering, mathematics that will solve socio-economic challenges and triple
challenges in KZN.
You can apply if:
- You have been accepted for Honours, Masters or Doctorate degree at an accredited university in South Africa
- Your research offers solutions to challenges facing the KwaZulu-Natal province
- You are a South African citizen from the KwaZulu-Natal province
What does the research fund cover?
- Financial: Tuition (where applicable), data collection and research tools and living allowance. All this will be
disbursed through your institution.
- Non-financial: mentorship and coaching, developmental support, publishing on MKI Journal, eligibility for
research experiential learning should there be opportunities, funding and should you qualify.
- Certified copies of Identity Document, qualifications, academic record/transcript, acceptance letter from your
university, proof of residence, research proposal, research budget.
Closing date: 11 March 2022
Send your applications to email@example.com and indicate reference on the subject line
*Research fund is subject to availability of funds. MKI reserves the right not to award funding.*