1. About the Moses Kotane Institute Journal
The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) Journal is a research journal hosted by MKI. MKI is an entity of the
Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) in KwaZulu-Natal
(KZN). It is mandated to conduct world-class research into training, skills development, and provincial
strategic economic sectors; and to strategically lead in innovation and maritime co-ordination and
implementation activities to respond to the needs of the provincial economy.
The MKI Journal is a new multidisciplinary and open-access journal committed to publishing theoretical and
empirical economic research that focuses on six sectors namely – Information Communication Technology
(ICT), Maritime and Oceans Economy, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Rural and Township Economy, and
The MKI Journal is a professional and refereed journal that invites submissions of unpublished material in
the specified fields. As a transdisciplinary journal that reflects both theoretical and practical perspectives,
it seeks to stimulate debate on a wide range of topics. The MKI Journal is a platform for intellectual dialogue
and information sharing for the purpose of boosting provincial and national economy.
2. Qualification and requirements of candidates
The key qualities sought for the editorial board positions are:
• scholarship and recognised expertise in one or more of the journal’s six focus areas,
• affiliation to a higher education and/or research institution, and
• established networks in particular fields for soliciting manuscripts and recruiting reviewers.
3. Responsibilities of the editorial board
• Collaborate with the editorial team, led by the editor(s) in promoting the journal,
• Review submitted papers,
• Solicit papers, and
• Identify potential reviewers for appointment by MKI.
4. Recognition and benefits
• Whilst the Editorial Board members will not be entitled to pecuniary compensation for the tasks undertaken, the advantage will be to enjoy the privilege of being associated with the MKI Journal while contributing to robust evaluation of scholarly research.
• The Editorial Board members will also be recognised and acknowledged by MKI at all material
times, as having contributed in the discourse that translates to the development of provincial and
• Board members will serve a three-year term effective from their date of appointment into MKI
• The MKI Journal editorial policy is available on the MKI website www.moseskotaneinstitute.com
• All enquiries, expressions of interest and applications should be directed via email to:
• Please send your CV and a one-page motivation letter by 13 December 2019.
Applicants who have not heard from MKI within 6 weeks from the closing date can consider their application
as being unsuccessful. The institution reserves the right not to appoint.
|Job Category||Closed Vacancies|