CALL OF APPLICATIONS FOR
EXECUTIVE MANAGER: INNOVATION & TECHNOLOGY
REF. NO: IntechExec 01-2021
Closing date: 18 June 2021
The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) is looking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified South African Citizen to serve in the subject position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The Position will be responsible for leading the innovation and technology initiatives and interventions in the KZN Province.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Innovation, Information Technology, Business Administration with Technology or any other relevant field. 10 years management experience within the Technology environment, 5 years, of which, should be in senior management. Doctoral Degree would be an added advantage. A valid driver’s license and have access to own transport.
A valid driver’s license and have access to own transport.
Knowledge, skills, and values:
- Knowledge of Innovation and Technology strategies of the country.
- Knowledge of Technology Frameworks, relevant Legislation, Policies, and directives.
- Knowledge of Information Security legislation and standard operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of data management across the research lifecycle, including creating, processing, analysis, preservation, access, and reuse of research data.
- Good knowledge of digital repository or content management systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of innovation and technology principles.
Good knowledge of implementing targeted outreach programmes.
- Skills: Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative, and tolerant of ambiguity.
- Ability to analyse, conceptualise and implement policy.
- Financial acumen, awareness, and knowledge.
- Performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Sound leadership Management skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional projects/teams.
- Excellent co-ordination and project management skills.
- Ability to conduct research and ability to write and publishable articles.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Project).
Responsibilities: Strategic leadership and operational direction to the unit; Lead and direct innovation and technology projects; Governance, Compliance and Risk Management; Stakeholder management; Management of unit budget and People Management
Term and Remuneration: Available immediately, 5 years performance-based fixed term contract. Starting Salary at DPSA level 14 notch 1
Correspondence: Interested candidates must submit their applications including clear copies of, a CV, certified copy of ID, certified copy of driver’s license, certified copies of relevant qualifications (if foreign, submit a SAQA evaluation certificate),to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 June 2021 no later than 23h59. Shortlisted candidates may be required to under- go a psychometrics assessments and verification processes.
Applications not compliant with the prescripts herein, will not be considered. MKI reserves the right to use their discretion to apply the Employment Equity Act principles in consideration of applications. Preference will be given to SA Citizens. For any technical queries contact The Human Resources Manager, Ms Mngoma, on Nompilo.Mngoma@moseskotane.com. Candidates who have not heard from MKI within 2 weeks from the closing date can consider their application unsuccessful. Applicants will be disqualified for any incorrect information supplied. The Institution reserves the right not to appoint.
|Job Category||Closed Vacancies|