INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: eTHEKWINI MANUFACTURING SECTOR STUDY PROJECT
BACKGROUND: The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) is looking to secure the services of an experienced and suitably qualified South African Citizen to assist with – eThekwini Manufacturing Sector Study. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with research activities within the Econometrics and Statistical Service Unit at an Independent Contractor role.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS : Honours Degree in a business-related field. Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in research with a strong focus on primary data collection. Experience with a previous manufacturing research project would be a distinct advantage.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Survey design, survey co-ordination and administration, report writing at an expert level, analysis of survey findings, compilation of Compounded Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) in manufacturing subsectors, nodal scoping and presentation of findings to various audiences.
- Conduct a survey of manufacturing firms in the eThekwini municipality to assess firm growth, performance, and competitiveness.
- Identify industrial nodes and conduct a review of the manufacturing activities in the industrial nodes of eThekwini.
- Identify challenges to growth and competitiveness of manufacturing firms within the identified industrial nodes.
- Propose interventions and strategies to increase competitiveness and growth of the surveyed firms and the manufacturing sector in general.
- Propose manufacturing sub-sectors with latent potential and suitable for further investigations and within the eThekwini municipality.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT : The successful candidate will be offered a short-term contract (up to six weeks) on a DPSA Consultation fee rate: A.2.2 No Mark-up R384p/h – short term.
HOW TO APPLY : Interested candidates must email a detailed copy of a CV with at least 2 (two) contactable references, certified copies of ID, driver’s license and copies of relevant qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 12 March 2022. Shortlisted candidates may be taken through a verification process.
Applications not compliant with the prescripts herein, will not be considered. The MKI reserves the right to use their discretion to apply the Employment Equity Act principles in consideration of applications. Preference will be given to SA Citizens. For any technical queries contact The Human Resources Manager, on Nompilo.Mngoma@moseskotane.com Candidates who have not heard from MKI within 2 weeks from the closing date, may consider their application unsuccessful. Applicants will be disqualified for any incorrect information supplied. The Institution reserves the right not to appoint.