INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: eTHEKWINI MANUFACTURING SECTOR STUDY
2- months CONTRACT
REF. NO.: IC/ETM – 01/2022
Background: The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) is looking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified South African Citizen to fill the position of an Independent Contractor – eThekwini Manufacturing Sector Study. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with research activities within the Maritime and Econometrics Unit.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s Degree in a business-related field. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in/with the manufacturing sector. Three (3) years managerial experience
Core competencies: Survey design, survey co-ordination and administration, report writing at expert level, analysis of survey findings, Compilation of Compounded Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) in manufacturing subsectors, nodal scoping and presentation of findings to various audiences.
- Conduct a survey of manufacturing firms in the eThekwini municipality to assess firm growth, performance, and competitiveness.
- Identify industrial nodes and conduct a review of the manufacturing activities in the industrial nodes of eThekwini.
- Identify challenges to growth and competitiveness of manufacturing firms within the identified industrial nodes.
- Propose interventions and strategies to increase competitiveness and growth of the surveyed firms and the manufacturing sector in general.
- Propose manufacturing sub-sectors with latent potential and suitable for further investigations and within the eThekwini municipality.
Terms of Appointment: The successful candidate will be offered a 2- months Independent Contractor appointment with remuneration at DPSA Consultation fee A.2.2 No mark-up (R384ph) – short term.
How and when to apply: Interested candidates must email a detailed copy of a CV with at least 2 (two) contactable references; certified copies of ID, driver’s license and copies of relevant qualifications, to: email@example.com before or on 24 February 2022. Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo competency testing and verification processes.
Applications not compliant with the prescripts herein, will not be considered. The MKI reserves the right to use their discretion to apply the Employment Equity Act principles in consideration of applications. Preference will be given to SA Citizens. For any technical queries contact The Human Resources Manager, Ms Mngoma, on Nompilo.Mngoma@moseskotane.com Candidates who have not heard from MKI within 2 weeks from the closing date, can consider their application unsuccessful. Applicants will be disqualified for any incorrect information supplied. The Institution reserves the right not to appoint.
|Job Category||Closed Vacancies|