INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: SPATIAL PLANNING & LAND USE MANAGEMENT
2 MONTHS CONTRACT
Background: The Moses Kotane Institute (MKI) is looking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified South African Citizen to fill the position of an Independent Contractor – Spatial Planning & Land Use Management. The Position will be responsible for assisting with research activities within the Maritime and Econometrics Unit.
Minimum Requirements: Honours Degree/Diploma in Town & Regional Planning/Development studies/GIS or a related field. Experience. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the field of qualification.
Terms of Appointment: The successful candidate will be offered a 2-months Independent Contractor appointment with remuneration at DPSA Consultation fee A.2.2 No mark-up (R384ph) – short term.
Core competencies: Town and Regional Planning, GIS planning(desirable), ability to extract key information from complex scenarios and simplify it, development management, urban planning and design.
- Conduct research to determine how spatial planning and land use management in rural and township KZN is impacting economic development.
- Determine the extent to which spatial development frameworks (SDFs) and precinct plans in the province respond to the KZN Provincial Growth and Development Strategy and Plan as well as the Provincial Spatial Development framework (PSDF).
- Determine how post-Apartheid transformation should effectively focus on previously neglected areas to improve their economies.
- Determine how tools that structure the economic space in the province (e.g., LED Plans and Spatial Plans) lack in delivering economic development and suggest solutions.
- Determine the overall basic framework in which spatial planning should occur to optimally impact economic development and ensure spatial equity.
How and when to apply: Interested candidates must email a detailed copy of a CV with at least 2 (two) contactable references; certified copies of ID, driver’s license and copies of relevant qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 20 February 2022. Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo competency testing and verification processes.
Applications not compliant with the prescripts herein, will not be considered. The MKI reserves the right to use their discretion to apply the Employment Equity Act principles in consideration of applications. Preference will be given to SA Citizens. For any technical queries contact The Human Resources Manager, Ms Mngoma, on Nompilo.Mngoma@moseskotane.com Candidates who have not heard from MKI within 2 weeks from the closing date, can consider their application unsuccessful. Applicants will be disqualified for any incorrect information supplied. The Institution reserves the right not to appoint.
|Job Category||Closed Vacancies|