The Moses Kotane Institute is an entity of the KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government through the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA). Its mandate is to conduct world class research into training, skills development, and provincial strategic economic sectors; and to strategically lead on innovation and maritime coordination and implementation activities to respond to the needs of provincial economy.
Among the interventions in the maritime sector is the Boatbuilding Capacity Development Programme (BCDP). The rationale for delivering the BCDP is to contribute towards a thriving boatbuilding sector in KZN. The objectives of the BCDP are:
· Capacitate experienced boatbuilders who have no formal qualification to obtain certification through recognition of prior learning and train them to become facilitators, assessors and moderators – Recognition of Prior Learning
· Provide practical training to unemployed young people who are interested in working in the boatbuilding sector – Practical Training
Requirements for Practical Training candidates:
· Minimum qualification at NQF Level 02 (Standard 08), matric preferably.
· A citizen of KwaZulu-Natal province.
- Must be available for the entire duration of six (6) months.
- Must pass the compulsory written examination.
Moses Kotane Institute invites applications to participate in this funded Boatbuilding Capacity Building Programme. The Application Form and Guidelines are available on MKI website: www.moseskotaneinstitute.com. For queries, contact 031–266 1777.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
- Applications and supporting documentation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications emailed after the deadline will be recorded as such and disqualified.
The closing date for all applications is the 17 September 2019 at 4:30pm.
|Job Category||Closed Vacancies|